Tricks Arsenal

Go down

Tricks Arsenal

Post  gymallstar on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:04 pm

I thought it might be a good idea to put out what everyone is working on in terms of new tricks/moves/shenanigans and see if we can't help each other expand our arsenal of Triple Threat Domination.

To start it off, I have been working on Blunt Grind to early pop out's CLEAN. I see it in videos like Amp's and Piktro and I love how it looks. It is really hard to do for me so far but Piktro gave me some advice for it. Go into Blunt, then hit X or A )either one) and then SLAM the 2 sticks to the side you want to pop out of and then SLIGHTLY TAP one of the triggers so that your skater just barely makes it out of the grind clean... I have got 1 clean one out of about 50 attempts and it can be frustrating but I think it is a great trick that looks awesome and steezy in videos.

2nd trick - This is a HUGE FAVORITE OF MINE! This is easy buy all about style on GAP AIRS or just airs in general (over stairs, handrails, whatever) I cannot sen a clip now because I am at work, but it is how the move looks in PIKTRO?Embers gorilla movie when Piktro AIRS over the small pyramid at the CC at about 1:30 secs into the video (he ollies over some dude while doing it too) it looks like he kicks his legs out and pushes the board to the side. It looks sooo stylish and I love it..

The animation is basically the end of ANY flip trick... but it happens when you ollie the second time around... I will use the Nollie Inward Flip as an example.. you do a NOLLIE INWARD Flip and while you are doing it, you hold DOWN on the right thumbstick and hold it down until you land.. this interrupts the animation of the inward flip and the next time you ollie, your skater with finish the animation of the inward flip in the air. You can push and skate around until you want but if you OLLIE it will use the animation ..

I will post an example soon so you can see (may sound confusing but that is because I suck at explaining it!)

ROC, I want to know how to do those sick double grinds on a single grind!
gymallstar
gymallstar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tricks Arsenal

Post  mamba on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

me, roc and emb seshed last night. he taught us the double grinds. i didn't get any then, and it takes a lot of practice, but i got a fs nosegrind-smith today. but i still can't get any of the really cool shit i've seen.

i also finally got one of those super low revert flips. looks really sweet when you can get a revert-shuv in the same direction.

in regards to your blunt early pops, i haven't tried that particular trick yet, but i think tweaking late makes anything look way better than tweaking early.

mamba

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  embers on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:52 pm

I was doing grind switchups with Magic and Piktro late last night.
I got a dozen that work really well... and i can only do tail to tail/tail to lip all the time... lmfao.

Roc, Magic wanted me to tell you that you are the man... for telling me, so i could tell him... LOL.
But, dont tell anyone that he can do them, he's gonna make a part, and surprise people i guess.

The animation one is dope, added that one to my trick arsenal thanks to Piktro also.

Revert tricks suck.. haha, i can do them sometimes, but can't explain how. Cool

GODZILLA

embers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gymallstar on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:02 pm

How about a secret TT video tutorial for the double grinds???? hehehehhe
gymallstar
gymallstar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roccityroller on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:06 pm

cuz i don't think i can teach cuz i don't have them on lock and i only get like 1 out of 50 of them cuz the timing is so precise.

roccityroller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  embers on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:01 am

I second that^^

shit is so precise...
I can get tail to tail a ton of times in a row though haha

embers

View user profile

Back to top Go down